March 10, 2012

2012 - The Year of the Boys

Remember me?

Yeah, the author of this blog.  I'm here and still alive. Haven't forgotten about the blog world, just on hiatus I guess.

Since my last post, as you can imagine a whole lot has happened. I've been working 40+ hours every week, Halloween, Thanskgiving, Christmas and New Year's have all come and gone.  What a fun end of the year it was but how exciting 2012 has been and will be.  Here is where the fun began for us!

On Tuesday Aug. 30th, I hadn't seen that lovely friend yet that visits every month.  I didn't want to be too hasty so I had figured I'd hold out until the weekend and see what transpired.  It was a very quiet peaceful evening, just Robert and myself, eating dinner and watching Wipeout and suddenly right in the middle of the show, Robert says "I can't wait until the weekend! Go take that test now!" I asked if he was sure cause the longer we wait the more accurate it would be. Well, less than 30 seconds later I was in the bathroom pulling out a pregnancy test.  Just as I went to set it down on the counter I said, "Now it says it can take up to 2 minutes to show a result" and that's when Robert said, "I don't think it takes two minutes" and he turned to look at me with a big ol' Robert smile on his face.  That's the day we found out we were going to be parents.



Of course the weeks following included many discussions on how we wanted to surprise our families with the news, what we thought the gender would be and what we hoped for, our.favorite names, different.parenting styles and all those fun conversations after those two little lines appear.  Not to mention within a week Robert was already coming home with boxes of diapers.  Following those weeks were more of the same-- how are we going to reveal the gender to our families (which is a funny story in itself), narrowing down our favorite names and how excited we were for all the new change.


Amongst all of our fun, my sister was due 3 months ahead of me.  So here we are with an exciting time in their lives and we're following right behind them.  So to condense all the fun we've had and are still having here are some pictures to sum it all up.


Our "blob" at 7 weeks 4 days - first ultrasound

 
Our tiny baby at 11 weeks 1 day -- second ultrasound
As for our 3rd ultrasound, that is where we found out we were having a boy.  We were given 17 pictures which I proudly displayed at work, but surprisingly we have not uploaded any yet.  (I'll make sure to do a post on those when we finally do).






Also, the  night before Halloween my mom, sister and I built this costume-- "Bun in the oven" and had a blast with it! The timer said 4:27 --- our due date.

I'll be writing a few more posts on other fun stuff that we've been working on while getting ready for our boy.  Along with details about how we surprised our families, the name for our pip-squeak, cravings and funny pregnancy stories--- but until then here's what's REALLY been fun the past 4 weeks.


Presenting
Bentley Christopher Mailo
February 5th 7:27pm 8 lbs 2 oz. 20.5 inches



My sister is amazing.... All natural, baby! It is truly amazing to see my sister be such a wonderful and natural mom.  I only wish I could be half the mom she is!  I have loved seeing her and Bentley.  It is so precious and I treasure every moment with them.

This bundle of happiness has been nothing but pure joy to his parents, Heather & St John and to my entire family.  He is just adorable and coos when you hold him! I feel so lucky to have such a handsome nephew.  To know that we are going to have our own little boy to love as much as we love Bentley (and sorry Heather) and probably even more, is such an amazing thought.  These angelic babies are truly miracles that I am so blessed to have in my life.  I can't wait to see these two grow up together.  Now here are some absolute irresistible pictures for all those baby lovers out there.




This was after his first bath... Look at that hair!


3 comments:

April Showers said...

Aww, thanks Emily! I know you wil be a wonderful, loving mother to ______ (I don't want to ruin the surprise). Motherhood is the best! Especially when you have such a precious boy to care for. I can't waitl to enjoy our boys grow together. Bentley really is the cutest. :) I love you sis!

Emily said...

So fun! Can't wait to hear more :)

Emily said...

So fun! Can't wait to hear more :)